Senior Quantity Surveyor
Based in the head office you will report to the Director and Commercial Manager and have responsibility for a number of projects locally and nationally.
Projects are typically commercial, educational, retail, industrial and residential with project values ranging from €1m to €25m plus in traditional forms.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics and have between 7 and 10 years’ experience, with a minimum of 3 years at Senior level and coupled with a proven track record and relevant experience in dealing with all surveying functions on similar scale projects with top tier Main Contractors.
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, have an excellent knowledge of the industry, be motivated and a good team player.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are essential for this role.
- You will be responsible for and have experience taking contracts from subcontract procurement through to final accounts.
- You will attend site progress and cost meetings and liaising with client / design team & subcontractors.
- Working closely with Project Managers to ensure projects are completed on time & to budget.
- You will ensure accurate & timely contract administration / managing & minimising risk from contracts.
- Assisting in directing the surveying team in the day-to-day operations of the business.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email [email protected] with a cover letter and your CV.
Minimum of 5 years experience in contracting.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Site Management
- Co-ordinate construction of projects to meet programme and to ensure handover of project / any phased handover, on time
- Manage and direct site staff and all subcontractors
- Monitor construction, with regard to quality of workmanship and materials
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Contracts Manager, Site Engineers and Services Co-ordinator to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information.
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Design Team members supply all requested information on time
- Assist in the production and revision of the contract and sub-programmes with the CM
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ensure that the general site, compound and boundaries are set up and maintained in a good, tidy and presentable condition throughout the project
Record Keeping :
Assist the CM, Eng, Servs. Co-ord, QS, HO and Design Team, to ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services G i.e. site diary, plant and labour allocation sheets, RFI:s, CVI:s, Contractors Reports etc